Jul 25, 2010
If a vaccine for HIV is discovered what does that mean for patients who are already HIV positive?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Two types of vaccines are currently being studied. A preventative vaccine which would be given to those who are not infected and that would prevent HIV infection and a therapuetic vaccine that could be given to people who are infected and that would boost their own immune system to control the virus with or without HIV drugs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Develop Antibodies To Hiv?
- Peripheral Neuropathy And Lisinopril
- Does A Girl Get Hiv Or Aids When She Gets Raped?
- Hiv Symptoms And Chest Pain
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Why Do I Keep Getting Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.