How long might I have before going on meds

Dr. Holodniy, I was diagnosed 04Jan2008. Since then my CD4 counts have stayed between 680 and 800 with a percentage of 30% and my viral load has climed to about 2000 copies per/mL. I have just a few questions. How long can I expect to go before my CD4 starts the decline - is there an established average? And what about the Viral load- is it normal for a viral load to remain between 1k and 2K? I have asked around but no one seems to know or has rather vague responses. I would rather know a rough estimate than nothing at all. Is there an average? I was told my strain is a Wild Card strain: does this matter at all? I am just trying to figure things out a little. Any answers would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time. V/r, J.

Your current CD4 count and percent are in the normal range (500-1500 and 30-50%). That viral load as you know is quite low, and indicates that your immune system is doing a good job on its own in controlling the viral infection. It is difficult to know how long you can sustain your current CD4 count and that viral load. It could be years, but there is no good test to predict whether that will happen for you or not. Having a wild type strain is good, because that indicates that your virus is not resistant to any HIV meds. Should you need meds in the future this means that you will not be limited in options.

How late can you be taking your meds??
urinary albumin creatinine and atripla