|haveing false vdrl?
Apr 29, 2001
ok my girlfriend had a vdrl done she cameback reactive but negative, in the other confrimed test they do. could the false reactive, do anything with having hiv? she did have bladder infection and her doc, said that could've of given the false reactive.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are many reasons for a false positive test for syphilis. HIV infection would be an unlikely cause for this. However, a true positive test for syphilis infection triggers us to test for HIV infection as this sexually transmitted disease could represent a marker for acquisition of HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Bacteria That Causes Hepatitis B
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.