Testing with Discreet 3 minute vs Home Access

Dear Dr., First of all, thank you and all the staff for the great work you are doing. You provide so much helpful and valuable information for people such as myself. Well, here goes... 1) I was wondering if you have heard of the home test called Discreet by Seville Marketing Ltd.? 2) Are they legitimate to your knowledge? 3) I was wondering how accurate (sensitivity) this type of test actually is, as compared to Home Access? 4) If it is more sensitive, would or could it detect antibodies at an earlier time (they claim by 28 days), than that of an ELISA test? They also claim to be the same type of test as ELISA with the only real difference being that ELISA, i.e. Home Access, tests several different tests at one time vs Discreet is an individual test and result. Discreet states: it is their new third generation, three line using double antigen recombinant proteins, which improve sensitivity and specificity. It tests for HIV-1, 2, and O antibodies. It is not FDA approved, but they state it never could be because the FDA would never approve a test procedure that is 100 discreet. In addition, they make the claim that other countries are using their tests. They do not indicate who manufactures the tests, which I find a bit questionable. Any information you have or could obtain would be greatly appreciated. The web site is I am not trying to advertise, but thought providing the information would be helpful. Thanks again and God bless!

I cannot comment directly about the performance of this specific technology. There have been some peer reviewed published papers on dipstick technology and it's correlation with standard testing. There are no citations regarding publications at their website, only claims of accuracy. There currently no FDA approved rapid HIV tests in the U.S. Buyer beware.

10 copies?
haveing false vdrl?