Jul 11, 2010
My girlfiend recently got infected,we're a magnetic couple and working on keeping it as such. I'll be with her throughout this process, however she likes snorting cocaine, I'm all about stopping that,besides the usual horrible side effects, how does it work with hiv? My understanding is it accelerating the virus, is that the case?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not a good idea, virus infection or not. There is some data to suggest it could stimulate cells infected with HIV to increase the viral replication rate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Charities That Help Prevent Aids In Africa
- What Does The Disease Affect Hiv?
- How Many People Are Current Living With Hiv In The World?
- Early Symptoms Of Hivaids
- How Can Cam Be Used In The Management Of Chronic Hiv Disease?
- Tingling, Numbness, Or Pain In Feet Or Hands For Secondary Symptoms Of Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.