Jul 11, 2010
My girlfiend recently got infected,we're a magnetic couple and working on keeping it as such. I'll be with her throughout this process, however she likes snorting cocaine, I'm all about stopping that,besides the usual horrible side effects, how does it work with hiv? My understanding is it accelerating the virus, is that the case?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not a good idea, virus infection or not. There is some data to suggest it could stimulate cells infected with HIV to increase the viral replication rate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
- Can You Get Warts With Gonorrhea?
- Can High Thyroid Antibodies Affect Hiv Testing?
- Can You Get Std From Unprotected Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.