lab test Hep C
Jul 11, 2010
I have Hepatitis C Genotype 1 (chronic). My latest blood draw showed Alt 823 and Ast 492. My HCV RNA Real Time PCR is 8,095,158 (6.91) Should I be taking treatment? Could I have liver cancer?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your HCV PCR test, which measures HCV viral load ,indicates your viral load is slightly above average. Your liver enzyme tests are markedly elevated. You need to see a liver specialist to determine if more tests are needed and/or if treatment is recommended at this time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Sucking Penis
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Vaginal Fluid
- Do People Get AIDS From Sensual Massage?
- HIV Infection Risk Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sucking Penis?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With Hooker Condom Broke
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.