VL < 50 and Rising CD-4

I was tested HIV-Positive in Oct'08 and at that time my VL was 6271 and CD-4 175. I was put on Virady immediately. After 20 days the VL was < 50 but CD-4 went down to 134. then after 6 months the CD-4 went upt to 169 and VL was <50. In Dec'09 VL was 174 but CD-4 went upt to 391. Then in April 10 VL showed <20 and CD-4 396. But again in June'2010 the VL was 42 but CD-4 was upto 509. Is the Virady failing or is it ok. A few days before the test I had hurt my toe very badly and was swollen at the time i underwent the test. Both CD3 and CD8 also showed above normal. Could the VL have been high for this reason.

I think you are doing just fine. I don't believe there is any evidence of failure and the viral load is just bouncing around a bit a the level of detection likely because of assay variability. Remember that "undetectable" does not mean zero and there could still be some virus circulating below the level of assay detection. But this does not mean that the regimen has failed, particularly given where your CD4 count is now.

VL increased and CD4 stable
When 2 start ART drugs