Why is my partner's CD4 dropping and mine is not?

Hi

Me and my partner were both diagnosed with HIV in 2007. We both seroconverted in the same year and have the same strain.

My partners CD4 is dropping rapidly recently and has falled from 600+ to 420. My CD4 however is remaining at 600 and has not been on a steady decline.

We do not have protected sex as we both have a one to one relationship and have the same strain. I am however concerned that because of our unprotected sex he could make my hiv worse as he seems to be reacting badly. Should I be worried about this or do some people just react different. We did not have sex last night because of my concerns and I do not want to be safe if it does not matter. Sorry I hope you understand what I am asking.

If you truly have it documented that the infecting strain was identical, then differences are related to the underlying immune system and genetics. Unprotected sex between partners who are both infected can have risks associated with it, particularly when one partner is on treatment and the possibility of drug resistant virus strains can be transmitted to the other partner not on yet treatment.

anal fistula with hiv
follow up on resistance.