Numbers bouncing and IRIS?

Hi, my results so far have been

02/25 VL 13100 CD4 220 24% 03/12 VL 19800 CD4 372 19% 03/26 Started Atripla 04/30 VL 58 CD4 286 23% 05/28 VL 45 CD4 222 21%

My question is - why are my CD4s and percentage going down with a good viral load response, and for the past 10 days or so I have felt slightly feverish, general malaise, aching bones - could I have IRIS due to the rapid VL drop? (if so, will it resolve and I start to fel better?).

Thanks.

The most important number to watch acutely after starting HIV treatment is the reduction in viral load, which going the way it is supposed to. I would not be concerned at this point about the bouncing CD4 count and percent. Once your viral load is undetectable, you will see the CD4 count/percent smooth out and increase. Any symptoms you have should be gone relatively soon as your body and immune system get stabilized on the HIV meds.

T cell reduction - what would cause it?
anal fistula with hiv