Why would I have a Total T cell sudden reduction?
Jun 13, 2010
Hi there, I am HIV positive, diagnosed in July 09. I had a blood test in January 2010 that gave a total T cell count of 2624, my April 2010 test shows a total of 1348, what would cause such a severe drop in T cell count over a relatively short period of time?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your CD4 count, viral load have been, or whether you are on HIV treatment. It would also be helpful to know what the CD4 count/percent and CD8 count and percents were at these time points, and whether any other medical conditions or medications were involved.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Have Hiv Symptoms Can Test Results Show Up Negative?
- Does Hiv Cause Lower Back Pains?
- Will My Insurance Cover Prescriptions For Hiv Drugs?
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
- Will Losing Weight Help Neuropathy In Feet?
- Symptoms Of Hiv In Young Children
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.