Lab Results

Hi I was diagnosed in 2006 Jan CD4 126 12% VL >100,000. I am on HAART and recently the lab gave me a printout of all my latest bloods, previously I ve only ever been given CD4 AND VL. Could you look at these results and give me your view and maybe explanation. Thanks

T CELLS%LYMPH 76 T CELLS CELLS/UL 1123 CD8 T CELLS % LYPMPH 47 CD8+TCELLS CELLS/UL 695 CD4 T CELLS%LYMPHS 28 CD4+TCELLS CELLS/UL 414 LYMPHOCITES 1482 CD4 CD8 RATIO 0.6

Are any of these numbers normal,low,high, bad or good?

Thanks

Your numbers are fabulous. Your CD4 count and percent have increased to 414 and 28%, up from 126 and 12%. The other numbers include your total lymphocytes (bit low), % t cells (normal), CD4/CD8 ratio (low) and your CD8 count and percent (normal). In many cases the CD8 count and percent will be elevated, which is OK, as that is an indication that your immune system is working to fight the virus. In your case though, a normal count is fine.

Could I have infected partner
viraload