May 30, 2010
Pos since 2007 CD4 689, %36, VL 8100. My partner recently diagnosed, cd4 297, VL 189,000. IF i exposed my partner, why are his numbers so radically different. or might he have been pos for some time?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The numbers a person has depends on a host of factors, including the viral strain and the underlying immune system and genetics they have. So it's not surprising that numbers could be significantly different.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Man Give A Woman Hiv By Pulling Out Before Ejaculation?
- Are There Ways To Treat Swollen Lymph Nodes With Hiv?
- Will Kids Catch Genital Warts If Parents Have It?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What Is A Over The Counter Genital Wart Remover?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.