Whats the outlook?
May 30, 2010
I just found out I was HIV positive but I'm 99% sure I was infected almost 4 yrs ago. My cd4 count is 300 and my vl is 500,000. Since I was untreated for so long, will that make a difference?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes HIV treatment will make a difference. Your numbers indicate that HIV treatment should be started now. Once the viral load is under control you will see your CD4 count jump dramatically, indicating your immune system damage is being repaired.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Swollen Lymph Nodes Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Muscle Ache A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Night Sweats A Sign Of Acute Hiv Infection?
- Bruise And Cut On Testicles And Hiv Transmission
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.