Decrease CD4 with no viral load detection
May 30, 2010
Dr Holodny, I get tested for CD4 and viral load every 3-4 months. My CD4 has been consistently in upper 300's to mid 400's with undetectable viral load. My last CD4 dropped from 450 to 293 with undetectable viral load. CD4% stays consistent at about 24%. Why the big drop in CD4, any concern? THANKS
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are many reasons for fluctuations in CD4 count including other ongoing infections, immunizations, or lab issues, among others. Given the stable CD4% and undetectable viral load I would not be concerned.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Often Should I Get A Hep A Shot?
- Is Vaginal Thrush And Vaginal Yeast Infection The Same Thing?
- I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Infected Partner
- Is White Spots On My Gums A Symptom Of Hiv?
- What Is The Dose Of Remeron For Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Without Treatment How Long Can A Person Live With Hepatitis C
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.