|Decrease CD4 with no viral load detection
May 30, 2010
Dr Holodny, I get tested for CD4 and viral load every 3-4 months. My CD4 has been consistently in upper 300's to mid 400's with undetectable viral load. My last CD4 dropped from 450 to 293 with undetectable viral load. CD4% stays consistent at about 24%. Why the big drop in CD4, any concern? THANKS
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are many reasons for fluctuations in CD4 count including other ongoing infections, immunizations, or lab issues, among others. Given the stable CD4% and undetectable viral load I would not be concerned.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Viral Load From Undetectable To Detectable
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.