|Negative VL count
May 30, 2010
I started meds (Stoicrin and Truvada) in Aug last year. At that time my Cd4 was 190 and my VL was 47000. I was tested in March and was results show that my CD4 count is now 348 and my VL is -50. How can I have a -50 VL? The lab results states: StandardVL (NHARRT) -50, Result: Abnormal, Normal Range: 50-100000.0 copies/ml. Did the lab screw up my test? Thanks in advance for you answer.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your result is likely < 50 and not -50. This is probably only an error of how the lab displays the results. You are in great shape given your response to HIV meds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots Could I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.