May 23, 2010
I AM A FIRST TIME MOM WHO JUST FOUND OUT AM POSITIVE DURING PREGNANCY . MY VL 140,000 WITH MEDS IT CAME DOWN TO TO 130. MY DR SUGGESTED I SHOULD HAVE VAGINA DELIVERY BECOS MY VL IS LESS THAN 1000 COPIES WHICH I DID .MY WATER BROKE AT HOME AROUND 9:30AM AND I DELIVERED AT 9PM . I RECIEVED AZT IV DURING LABOR AND AM CURRENTLY GIVING MY BABY AZT . MY QUESTION 1. WHAT ARE MY BABY CHANCES OF BECOMING NEGATIVE SINCE I HAD HER 12 HOURS AFTER MY WATER BROKE. 2. WITH A VL 0F 130 IS IT STANDARD TO HAVE A VAGINA DELIVERY PLS PLS PLS I NEED ANSWER SINCE I HAVE A LESS THAN A WEEK FOR MY BABY TO HAVE HER PCR TEST THANKS
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. There is a high probability that your baby will not be HIV infected because of your HIV treatment during pregnancy and your baby receiving AZT immediately after delivery. 2. Yes, unless there are compelling medical reasons to perform a c-section, that would be the method of delivery.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- Chlamydia Effects In Men If Untreated
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.