what does having anal warts mean to me and my sex partners

I am at a loss to finding I suppose the answers that I need to hear. I am a 51 year old gay man that has HIV and anal warts. My anal papsmear is not back yet so I am not sure what type of HPV I carry, though I can tell you that a year and a half ago I had both a colonoscopy and and anoscopy and was told at that time that everything was okay. I was in a long term relationship (17 years) that recently broke up, so I have been sexually active for about five months. I have had about 8 partners in that five months so someone may have given me my anal warts during that time it is impossible to really know. I want to know what this means for my sexual escapades in the future? Should I refrain from having sex while being treated. To be honest I don't really understand why I had to tell all of my partners except that I felt morally obligated to and did. Since all of the men that I am having sex with have had sex with more than two people it is likely that they all have been exposed, so why bother telling them? I am being treated with Aldara cream three times a week for a month but don't quite understand what that means as well except that after a month the warts should be gone, men still want to have sex with me some even unprotected because they believe that they have already been infected or carry the hpv virus so why bother now, should they worry? I am a bit uncomfortable allowing that but I can not make decisions for them. So back to should I just stop having sex during and after the treatment since I obviously carry HPV and can transmit it whether or not the warts show? I want to thank you in advance for answering my questions, I appreciate this very much. This subject, I am finding out is so very difficult for me and clarification would be nice.

Although your questions are a bit outside the scope of this forum, it sounds like you have a pretty good grasp of the issues, both in terms of your own HPV infection and the public health ramifications of this sexually transmitted infection. There is no absolute contraindication in continuing to have anal sex, but disclosure and safe sex/protection would be the operative terms going forward.

Relationship between CD4 and VL
WORRIED MOM