Relationship between CD4 and VL

I know every case is different, but I got infected at the same time as my partner and know a few others who were infected at a similar time. Now, my (untreated) VL is 100,000 but CD4 500, my partner's VL is less than 1,000 but CD4 is 450. So I'm not sure why with a higher VL my CD4's aren't much lower than his? Friends infected at a similar time have VL's below 10,000 and CD4's slightly below mine. Can you explain the relationship between VL and CD4 please? Is it possible to have a moderate - high VL and maintain a healthy CD4 count, and if so, how? Thanks in advance.

It is not all surprising that everyone you know has a different CD4 count and viral load threshold. It depends on many factors including the viral strain, your pre-infection CD4 count, your underlying genetics and immune system, among others.

is it possible?
what does having anal warts mean to me and my sex partners