The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Searching for the BEST health care for Aids

May 23, 2010

Hello, I'm presenlty living in Las Vegas, while I believe we have the best resources for people living with HIV/Aids and great health care for people living with HIV, I feel our health care for Aids needs improvement. Just recently, I learned that I have cancer in one of my kidneys consistant with carcinoma and a biopsy needs to be done on a leison in my pelvic bone. My biopsy has been canceled at the hospital due to the fact the doctor was not comfortable doing my procedure. It takes weeks to schedule an appointment with doctors. I feel it is time for me to relocate to another city where health care for Aids is more advance. I am presently disabled and am still waiting for dissability and medicare benefits. I do however have medical benefits through county social services and Ryan White assistance for medications. With my present medical insurance circumstances and my unfortunate illnesses, what would you recomend or where shall I relocate to? Thank you!

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Yes, sounds like there is a bit of a problem. Many times surgeons or interventional radiologists are reluctant to perform procedures on those patients with HIV infection. There is no reason that this needs to be the case. You should discuss this with your HIV doc and see if there are alternative physicians in your area that can perform the biopsy.

Dont understand the numbers of my blood results
Viral laoa is 1520 and T Cells is 840 means that...

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint