Increasing Viral Load
May 23, 2010
Hi, when I was first diagnosed with HIV, my viral load was approx 300,000. Over the last three years this is become undetectable through medication. The last two tests that I have had have shown an increase in my viral load, the first being 42 and the most recent being 69. I am concerned with this.
My CD4 count is 645 and this is about my usual.
Should I be concerned and what can cause my VL to suddenly increase?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Cytomegalovirus Cause Miscarriage?
- Why Is Pcr Detection More Sensitive For Hiv Detection?
- Is It Almost Impossible For A Man To Get Hiv From A Woman?
- Are Sore Throat Aches Pains Fatigue Fever Chills Hiv Symptoms?
- Nervous About Hiv After Had Sex Without Condom
- White Bumps On My Tongue Is This Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.