HBV-DNA TEST RESULT
May 16, 2010
MY hbv-dna- pcr quantitative result is 129326.22 copies/ml and 22221.00 IU/ml. limit of quantitation 6.0-110000000 IU/ml and 35- 640200000 HBV copies/ml.what does it mean.what should i do.do i need medication?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate why this test was obtained and whether other tests for HBV were also obtained. That is a relatively low copy number for HBV, but likely indicates chronic infection with HBV. You should consult with a liver specialist as to the interpretation and whether treatment is indicated at this time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Is Gardnerella A Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Pricking Tingling Symptoms On Vagina
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.