|Recent HIV Diagnosis
May 1, 2010
I was diagnosed last Wednesday with a rapid HIV test. I had lab work drawn that day and got the lab results today My CD4 count is 554 and viral load is 1740 What do these numbers all mean? When and should I start medications?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no urgency to start HIV meds. Your CD4 count is in the normal range for people without HIV infection (500-1500) and your HIV viral load level is very low (range < 50 to over 1 million). So your immune system is in very good shape at this point.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Flaky Skin A Symptom Of HIV?
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.