|White blood count low
May 1, 2010
my son is hiv positive and his white blood count is 28 what does this mean
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It depends on what specific white blood cell you are referring to. For instance, a total white blood count of 28 (usually meaning 28,000) would be considered very high and a T helper lymphocyte count (CD4 count) of 28 would be considered extremely low. Such results would have very different meanings.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Yeast Infection Cream Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Why Do Doctors Prescribe Different Antibiotics For Chlamydia?
- Which Organs Are Affected By Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- What Can Prevent Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.