|VL IU/ml versus copies/ml
Apr 25, 2010
Hi, Can you tell me the conversion factor between IU/ml of viral load and copies/ml of viral load? Because as far as I have understood this is not the same.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends on the virus and depends on the assay. For instance, with HCV, 1 IU = about 3 to 5 copies/mL.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.