3 blips in a row, Is it time for a second opinion?

My last 3 VL counts have had detectable levels.

Last 3 Viral Load Count Summary 1/5/2010 - 70 copies 2/3/2010 - 86 copies 4/6/2010 - 148 copies

My provider says all three are just blips and I shouldn't be concerned. My last CD4 was 857 and my percentage was 37% and both have been in that range throughout the blipping episodes.

I am anxious that each subsequent blip has had an increased VL count. Is it time for me to get a second opinion?

I understand your concern, but agree with your doctor given your normal CD4 count and percent. Although you don't indicate whether you are on HIV treatment I assume that you are. The viral load numbers are too low to perform a resistance test to see if this is treatment failure or not. Most of the studies performed to date would indicate that blips of this nature do not lead to regimen failure.

elite controller?
RPR 1:1