Apr 17, 2010
what are the underlying phathophisiology behind IRIS ? what treatment options are there in relation to modulating our immune response and other options? Is there any relation between CD4 cells proliferation and IRIS? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
IRIS is usually an immunologic response to preexistent infectious agents within a few weeks of starting HIV meds. It is the result of the immune system being reconstituted and t cells now recognizing that these pathogens are present and want to do something about it. Depending on the condition, antibiotics, steroids, or nothing may need to be done.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Amoxicillin Cure Chlamydia?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.