Apr 11, 2010
I was just diagnosed 3-23-10, and my tcell count at 600 and my vrl load at 1400..im on atripla1/day and isentress 2x daily till my genome comes back....could the thinning of hair have anything to do with it? Its not a lot of hair loss at all, but i noticed im seeing more of my scalp than ususal.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is unlikely that HIV or those meds would be causing hair loss. Assuming you are male and older, than male pattern baldness (your underlying genetics) is the most likely. Other things like low thyroid function could be causing it as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Clear Your Reproductive System Of Hpv Warts
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Pain Relief For Vaginal Ulcer
- Vaginal Pressure Prickling And Tingling
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.