Hello

I have been resently dignosed of HIV and my CD4 count is 840 but my viral load is at a high of 49944, i dont understand how this can be as my CD4 count is so high.

And what courses the viral load to rise, can it drop to a lower level? and what am i suppose to do to make it drop because i am not using any medication as yet.

A viral load of 50,000 is in the moderate range. We consider viral loads > 100,000 to be high. Many things can affect the viral load level including other ongoing infections, immunizations, among others. I don't think there is anything to do at this point, given your CD4 count is in the normal range. But another set of labs in 3 months may help determine what the trend in viral load is. It could stay at this level or go up or down depending on how your immune system is handling the infection.

allergy
how to continue with formal question