Interested in Your Thoughts Re Starting Medication

Hi from Australia, I was diagnosed 10 months ago, and likely have been infected for 12 months prior to that. I am fit, healthy, eat well, exercise etc... I am close to starting HAART and just wanted one more opinion before taking the leap...

25/06/09 cd4#400 cd4%20 VL 7043 04/08/09 cd4#425 cd4%23 VL16700 22/09/09 cd4#273 cd4%20 VL 7450 17/12/09 cd4#481 cd4%26 VL10800 25/03/10 cd4#418 cd4%24 VL 7370

Is there anything here that suggests urgency to commence HAART, or can I wait another few months and see what my next results are like? My doctor is supportive of my decision to start, even though in Australia, the recommended level for commencing cd4s is still under 350....i notice a lot of advice on this website suggests under 500 is an ok time to start too...

Thanks so much for your time.

There is no urgency and I think you can wait a few more months. On the other hand, yes, some data suggests starting above a CD4 count of 500 can delay disease progression better than starting later. You always have to weigh this with side effects and long term toxicities of HIV medications.

Pregnancy and Purbac DS
allergy