|CD4'S AND KIDNEYS
Apr 4, 2010
I KNOW SOMEONE WITH AIDS. HER CD4'S WERE 21 AND HOW DOES AIDS AFFECT THE KIDNEYS? TWO WEEKS AGO, HER CD4'S INCREASED TO 75, IS THAT GOOD OR BAD?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, the HIV virus can affect the kidneys. The most important thing that can help reverse any effects the virus may have on the kidneys is to start HIV treatment. You don't indicate why her CD4 count increased, but if she is now on HIV treatment that is a could start in reversing some of the damage her immune system has suffered because of the virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Hiv Affects The Kidneys?
- Red Eyes Sign Of HIV Infection
- Can Someone Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.