is cd4/cd8 important?
Apr 4, 2010
my doctor told me that it is not necessary to test my cd4/cd8 ratio, he said the cd4 counts and total lymphocyte and cd4 percentage is enough, can you please suggest anything on this issue?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
In general, I agree with your doctor. Although the ratio has been useful in some studies as a predictor of disease progression, it is really not used in clinical practice to monitor patients.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hpd A Sexually Transmitted Disease
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.