Significance of low numbers

I am negative and in a relationship with a women who is Pos. She has been increaseingly sick the last year or so, has developed stage 3 VIN and has lesions developeing in the lower GI/rectal area, has been developing athritis in her spine and white lesions in her mouth that are not responding to ani-fungals. She has alwas had a habit of taking her meds then when she feels better she stops taking them. Her last lab tests showed a CD4 (?) @ 20. I'm not sure what her viral load was...My question is...being completely honest how worried should I be? How dire is this? She has been taking her meds faithfully for the past month or so, she has just gotten over a pnuemonia she had for about 5 weeks. She's still very sick, but feels better or worse litterally from day to day. I just want to get a firm grasp on how bad this is..thank you for any advice you can give.

I can't speak to what the symptoms or lesions you describe are due to, but a CD4 count of 20 indicates very advanced AIDS and significant risk of developing very serious opportunistic infections. The key to reversing this is HIV meds. She must continue to take the HIV meds as described and her condition and CD4 count will improve.

second line treatment
Additional in re prior question