Two considerable rises in Viral Load

Hi from Brazil! I have been hiv+ for about 4 years, no meds yet, lab results in april 2009 CD4 396 and VL 29.000, then in September 2006 CD4 385 and VL 150.000, and the last one, in February 2010, CD4 397 and VL 320.000. I was diagnosed with syphilis in November 2009 and got treated, but somehow it did not work, and then in January I got more doses and stronger ones of peninciline benzantine, so the tites(English??) lowered from 1/64 to 1/16 in February, exactly when I had my blood samples checked out (for both syphilis and hiv). My question is: Is this considerable rise in the Viral Load something that strongly suggests the start of taking medicines against hiv, or is the CD4 count (which is above 350) what really matters? I have an appointment for April, but would like to get some advise in advance because of my worries. Thanks a lot.

That is a significant increase in HIV viral load and could be the result of syphilis infection. I think you need another test to sort out whether the increase in viral load is related to having syphilis or it's just the HIV starting to get the upper hand over your immune system. The test in April should be far enough out to answer the question. If the viral load is still that high, then I would favor starting HIV treatment sooner rather than later.

suspending meds for 30 days till COBRA updates
Decreasing T-cells - Viral Load Undetectable