Progression of HIV with Very Good Labs

I have been HIV+ for 10 years. I take Atriplia and my labs are always around CD4 1000 and VL has been <40(undetectable) for years now. For the last year or so my HGB ran 11 now I'm truly anemic with a HGB 9.8 HCT 30.8. My ID Dr. played it off & sent the results to my PCP. (I haven't seen him yet) I was shocked to read that anemia was a prognostic indicator to a shorter life span and an increase in a quicker disease progression! I thought if my labs remained good and I was asymptomatic that I was fairly safe....what is the truth. My ID Dr. doesn't want to say anything...she says my immune system is as good as a person without disease and that I'm more likely to die due to my obesity. Is she telling me the truth? Thank you for your response!!

Hmmm.... There is likely something else going on causing the anemia, and it is likely not related to HIV or to HIV meds. You need to get this worked up ASAP, as the treatment for anemia can be very different depending on the cause.

keeping you posted (12th, 13th, 14th labs)
Leukopenia/Neutropenia