Unsure about what this means

Hello!

I was diagnosed in sept 09 with vl 25 000 and cd4 384 cd4% 20.

One month later my cd4 was 382 (they didn't repeat viral load)

My last bloods were taken on 15th feb and my vl was 18 000 nd cd467. I got my recent results through the post without cd4%.

I've been on no meds. Since I was diagnosed I have improved my diet, trying to avoid free radicals, wholemeal instead of white pasta/bread etc. I have also been taking selenium, multi vitamin, garlic supplements and astragalus daily.

I know a change of diet and a couple of herbs can't boost my cd4 that much. Is it a blip? Oh and they did an anti body maturity test when i was dianosed wich showed my infection was at least 5 months old.

There is no significant difference between those two viral load numbers (25 to 18,000) and is well within assay variability. It is very difficult to determine whether that is a significant increase in CD4 count without the percent. I suspect without HIV treatment that the CD4 percent has stayed about the same.

CD4%
HIV and Pulmonary hypertension