|High ALT-202 & AST-146
Feb 14, 2010
My ALT is 202 (should be between 30 - 65) and My AST is 146 (should be between 15 - 37 My overall Cholesterol is 338 LDL 239.0 HDL ok at 53 I feel like a ticking time bomp. I have an appointment to see a Gastrventerologist but that 6 days away.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate the context of why these tests were ordered. The elevations in ALT and AST are nonspecific and could be the result of many causes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Night Sweats A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sore Throat An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Cold Feet After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.