hcv with high iron and ferritin levels
Feb 14, 2010
My iron and ferritin levels are high and my doctor tells me that my hcv can cause this. However, I have a family history of iron overloads without hcv. Is it possible I have hemachromatosis (could be misspelled) in addition to hcv and even if I do not, should the iron levels be lowered by blood letting?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, that is possible and can be tested for by your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does White Tongue Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.