No treatment cd4 dropping but viral load dropping as well

I have been seeing my Dr. since December 2008 (When I was dianosed). I have been trying to stay healthy and have not had any symptoms. My cd4/cd8 showed 420 with 40% cd8, while my viral load is now 1200, 10% of what it was at it's highest of 12K. I know treatment is now being recommended for people with cd levels under 500. My Dr. says that because the viral load is so low, we should wait. I have been reading that cd4/8 readings are the most important when deciding when to begin treatment.

Please help me with your advice and perhaps some insight on the apparent inconsistency between the viral load and the cd4/8 readings.

I would agree with your doctor. Given your CD4 count and percent with that viral load, I would recommend waiting.

HIV very low CD4 Count it is 8
High cd4/cd8 ratio