Viral load count
Jan 31, 2010
My viral load count is 375819, log value is 5.57 and my wife's are 231540 and 5.36, we have not started the treatment yet. Are we at high risk?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate which virus you are talking about (HIV or HCV), and if HIV viral load, what your respective CD4 count and CD4 percents are. So it is difficult to answer directly. If those are HIV viral load results they are fairly high, but certainly will be responsive to HIV treatment. I would suggest getting an HIV resistance test to determine if the virus you have is resistant to any of the available HIV drugs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Would Know If You Have Herpes After Coming In Contact?
- What Type Of Doctor Treats Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.