Melanoma

I don't know if you will have an answer for this question or not, but here it goes. I have been HIV + for 2.5 years and started on meds in 9/09. My viral load is undetectable and my CD4 count is >500. I was diagnosed with melanoma on my right thigh in 11/09 and had to have a wide excision and and node biopsy done on 1/11/10. I met with the oncology surgeon today and my nodes are clear(very relieved). He said that in usual circumstances, they would NOT offer adjuvant chemotherapy to somemone with negative lymph nodes; however, due to my HIV status he was not sure if I should have it. My question is if I am HIV positive and treated with good immune function, should I be treated any differently for this melanoma than anyone else?

A qualified probably not. The flip side is, if you need chemotherapy, HIV infection should not be a contraindication to getting chemotherapy for any such malignancy.

how to convert log(IU/ml) to IU/ml,when you calculate the uncertainty of the standard line
Experimental Study