RPR

I have just had a reactive Syphilis test result of 1:128 , I have had 2 shots of Bicillin and due a further shot next week . I understand that I am in the secondary stage of syphilis. My question is , is the 3 shots of Bicillin effective against my high RPR reading - I have been told to return in 6 months for a further RPR . If I have a reading of 1:128 what are my chances of getting Neurosyphilis?

Given what you describe, you are receiving the appropriate treatment, and yes, you should return in 6 months to repeat the RPR titer. It would be extremely unlikely not to see the titer fall. You don't give any indication that your doctors thought that neurosyphilis was a possibility currently, in which case the treatment and workup would be different.

VL test results question
what does this really mean?