VL test results question

Dr. Holodniy,

Thanks for all you do here on the forums. I have been on Isentress, Intelence, and Truvada for 16 months now after failing on a Kaletra based regime. My VL went back to undectable and my cd4 count has risen from 297 and 15% (mid 2008) at the time of the switch to 418 and 18% today (2010).

I went for my VL test in Sept (three months ago) and it showed a VL of 145. My adherence is good, so we decided to sit tight and retest in Jan. Those results arrived today and the VL is 85 ( my lab uses 75 copies as the undetectable limit). Should I be concerned? Or should should I not seeing as how the Vl is trending back down and very low anyway? I haven't got a lot of options left, so I am a little worried.

I understand your concern. But given your current CD4 count/percent, I would just continue to monitor the viral load and not make any treatment adjustments at this point. You are on a very potent regimen and it seems unlikely, given your adherence level, that it would be failing.

Starting Meds Soon?
RPR