Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Elite Controller with Sinus infection
Jan 17, 2010

I have been a Elite Controller for the past 7 years and participate in all of the national studies. I have recently been experiencing a sinus infection. Over the past 2 months I have had a cold which lasted 2 days and had an H1N1 shot and a regular flu shot about a month apart. I am concerned about loss of elite control due to all of this immune activation lately. I have been terrified to get my VL done. What do you think? Could this be the end of my good situation?

Response from Dr. Holodniy

I understand your concern and its a great question. But I believe given the number of years of infection and your status, and likely earlier insults to your immune system from previous colds and shots, etc, you will remain in your current controller status.

Previous
How Low Should We Go?
Next
Lipoatrophy, Lipodystrophy, and Simian DNA

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.