|Can HIV meds mutate the virus so that it is undetectable on tests?
Jan 10, 2010
I just wondered if there have been any cases of someone testing repeatedly negative on antibody and PCR and bdna tests because their virus was a wierd strain or perhaps was a mutated form of the virus due to exposure to HIV Meds?
I know this is probably unlikely, but wanted to check.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not that I am aware of.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Bleeding During A Pap Smear
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Does Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding Mean I Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.