Low T-Cells, undectable VL

I am concerned about my low T-cells. I have been positive since 1992, started on AZT when my T-cells went down from 995 to 7 in just a month. I have been on all trials, blind studies. To date I am on Isentress, Maraviroc, Trvuada, and Crixivan. I have been on this cocktail for 2 years now. I can not use Norvir because it makes me sick and raises my triglycerides. My question is will I ever regain more T-cells which last test were at 156, suppressor CD-8 is a high 1032, the CD4/CD8 ratio is 0.15. VL is not detectable. My Dr says once the T-cells are as low as mine, it is unlikely they will have any increase. When I started AZT back in 1993 my T-cells were 7 for 3 years.I was using Fuzeon 2 years ago and t-cells did go up to 257. Is there anything I could take to increase the t-cell count?

Unfortunately, your doctor is correct, not much of all the things that have been tried in patients with your low CD4 count has worked very well in increasing CD4 counts. THere is nothing in you HIV med regimen that should be causing a sustained low CD4 count. You don't indicate whether you are taking other meds that could be causing low white blood cell counts or if other medical conditions have all been ruled out. I wonder though, if you need all those HIV meds to maintain an undetectable viral load. Your life would be simplified by backing off to say isentress and truvada alone, unless there is compelling reasons for maintaining such an aggressive regimen (say for underlying drug resistance).

gaining weight and anxiety with sustiva
Cd4 count