Jan 3, 2010
I am HIV positive CD4 503 30 CD4 percentage and Viral Load 77. I continue to get open sores since I was a child. I am on Valtrex but continue to be an issue. Any recommendations on other type of drugs to treat open sores.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The question is what is the cause. Although they could be herpes virus related, in which case valtrex could be effective, they could be caused by something else, in which case valtrex might not be effective. Sometimes a biopsy is required in cases like yours with multiple recurrences.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Oysters?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Burning Hands Sole Of Foot Mouth
- Can I Get HIV From Sanitary Pad?
- Can I Trust A 8 Month Negative Hiv Elisa Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.