atripla and high AST and ALT levels
Dec 20, 2009
i am undetectable with atripla and doing great with it, however my AST and ALT levels fluctuate- right now they are AST 67 and ALT 122 should i be concerned? thanks for your help
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although Atripla can cause transient increases in liver enzymes, I would also rule out other causes, including other medications, over the counter meds (like tylenol), other medical conditions (like hepatitis infections), alcohol or recreation drug use, among others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Muscle Ache A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Vomiting An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Does Metronidazole Treat Chlamydia?
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.