Adherance to meds
Dec 20, 2009
just got my lab results and CD4 cells went down from 523 to 503 viral load was undetected and went up to 77, CD4 percentage went up from 23 to 30. Is this common or do you think I may have become adherent to Atripla. Any advice or next steps. A bit worry. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not concerned. That decrease in CD4 count is not significant, given the increase in CD4%. Likewise, that increase in viral load is not significant, and I would predict on your next test it will be undetectable again. I would just keep taking the Atripla as prescribed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Sharing A Pipe?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- Chest Pain, Fatigue, High Liver Enzymes Acute/primary Hiv
- Does Hiv Cause Vaginal Burning Sensation?
- How Long Can HIV Live On A Needle Tip?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.