|Change in viral load.
Dec 20, 2009
i was first diganosed about 3+ yrs ago, with tcell count of 2,yes only 2, not sure of my viral load as i was in the hospital with pcp when i found out i was positive. I got on meds immediately(Atripla) and responded very well, with my tcells always rising, currently 392 and my viral load since taking meds has remained "undetectable", but, with my last tests i was told its now 52. SHOULD I BE CONCERNED its now detectable?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would not be concerned. I would only be concerned if your viral load begins to climb, say to 500 or 1000 on your next test. That would indicate that your regimen is no longer working. The viral load will likely return to undetectable on your next test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.