Prophylactic treatment of neonates born to an HIV positive
Dec 13, 2009
Should there be a consent obtained prior to administering the recommended AZT therapy to neonates? How should AZT be seen; just as medication or intensive therapy? Thanks in advance.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not sure what the genesis of your question is regarding HIV preventative treatment in newborns of HIV infected mothers. But giving such HIV treatment to neonates would be considered standard of care in the appropriate situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Sex With Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Two People Who've Never Had Sex Get Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.